What is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Carbon Monoxide is a colourless and odourless poisonous gas. When the air you are breathing is contaminated with this gas, your body starts replacing the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide. This build up can lead to serious tissue damage, and in some cases even death.
Where is it coming from?
Mainly from gas appliances but also can come from appliances that burn wood, coal, and oil.
Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms
- Feeling sick and weak
- Chest & muscle pain
- Shortness of breath
The symptoms can go and come depending on the time of exposure in an affected room, but the symptoms will not disappear completely if you do not contact an expert to fix the issue. Exposure to carbon monoxide poses a serious health risk and action should be taken immediately to resolve the issue.
What causes carbon monoxide poisoning?
What appliances produce CO if they are poorly maintained or are not installed properly?
- Gas boiler
- Gas cooker
- Portable generators
- Gas or paraffin heaters
Do you think you or your family are at CO poisoning risk?
1. They must stop using the appliances that are making CO
2. Get enough ventilation to your premises, open windows and doors to let fresh air get into your property
3. Go away from the place where is the CO concentration
4. Get medical advice
5. CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY (020 7788 4313), we are a professional gas-safe provider. We will attend to fix the issue and guarantee a safe space for everyone.