A good facilities maintenance service ensures your #premises are in optimal conditions and also helps to prevent any damages caused by the normal use of the building. A professional eye can recognize damages and act in order to reduce the downtime of the building whether the damage is external or internal, however, is always important and necessary to run periodical revisions to prevent big damages caused by unforeseen circumstances such as weather.
The damages your property can suffer are categorized into two groups:
unforeseen exposure and building age
- Unforeseen exposure:
- Wind: when buildings have high and continuous exposure to wind, the concrete develops shrinkage cracks and erodes the outer building layers.
- Location: building located close to coastal ocean salt increases the rate of concrete decay.
- Winter: the use of rock salt increases the rate of concrete decay as well.
- Acid rain: chemical deterioration as a result of acid rain due to pollution
- Building age:
- Roofing: depending on the maintenance carried out and the extreme weather (hottest & coldest seasons), deteriorates and moisture spread may cause issues into other systems.
- Plumbing: a poor plumbing service can cause adverse effects not only on a building but also on the environment. Mould and contaminated drinking water are some of the issues that we can avoid if leaking is identified on time.
- HVAC systems: heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system must be checked on a regular basis to avoid a mould spreading that may cause damage to walls, paper backing, and carpeting. A poor heating and cooling system also cause damage due to inefficient air circulation and ventilation.
- Electrical: excessive heat in hot spots appears when electrical wiring has loose connections, overloaded circuits, or faulty fuses, whatever the issue, it must be identified early because excessive heat can trigger fire damaging the structural integrity of the building and exposing the life of people present.
An adequate preventive maintenance service can increase the lifespan of your premises and it helps you to avoid unexpected costs.
At Serna FM, we have a specialized team that can face any of the situations above mentioned, also guaranteeing your building is in safe and optimal conditions.
Whatever issues could be, you can contact us NOW and request a quote fit to your needs.
020 7788 4313